The Horse Riding Coach


Do I need my own horse?

Yes. I am a freelance riding instructor, rather than a riding school. If you require a riding school, there are several in the surrounding area.

Do you travel to teach at my yard?

Yes. If you are hiring another venue then I can meet there as well – although please be upfront with the propietiers as some venues have their own trainers.

Do you charge extra for travelling to my yard and which areas do you travel to?

I am based in Howden but am prepared to travel up to a 15 mile radius from Selby/ Goole for which all travel costs are included in the price of your lesson. If you are further than this I am happy to travel for an extra cost, please enquire.

What sort of lessons do you teach?

Lessons are tailored to your individual needs – be it flatwork, jumping, show preparation etc.  Although in recent years I have mainly competed in affiliated dressage, I have considerable experience of jumping and showing.

Do you give group lessons?

Yes I am happy to teach up to four people, prices as stated on the ‘lessons’ page. Having group lessons can make learning more fun & you can learn a lot off each other. However, I highly recommend that your group is of similar levels of riding and have similar ambitions.

Are you insured and BHS registered?

Yes I am insured via the South Essex Insurance Brokers and am registered with the British Horse Society. Additionally, as part of the terms to entering the BHS register of instructors, I hold an Equine Specific First Aid qualification, have attended a Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop and have undergone a CRB check. For more information see the BHS website.

Do you undertake holiday cover / grooming?

Yes if you require your horses to be mucked out/ ridden / turned out etc. at your stables please enquire for prices. I hold the ‘BHS groom’s certificate’ and am also registered on the BHS groom’s register.